Bird's Nest Cupcakes
[caption id="attachment_705" align="aligncenter" width="680"] Bird's Nest Cupcakes[/caption]
These Easter Bird’s Nest Cupcakes are an adorable and easy dessert to make for your Easter egg hunts! Two quick decorating maneuvers and some Easter candy are all that it takes!
- 1 batch of Buttercream frosting, recipe above
- 1 cup M&Ms® chocolate candies and/or Starburst® Jelly Beans
- Green Food Coloring
- Brown food coloring
- 24 cupcakes
- Prepare buttercream as described above. Split into two equal portions and dye one half green and the other dark brown.
- Fit two piping bags with frosting tips- one a grass tip and the other an open star. Spoon the green frosting into the bag with the grass tip, and the dark brown into the bag with the star.
- Pipe on the design using the technique in the video above- short squeezes of the icing bag to create the grass on top of the cupcakes, then pipe on the next. Fill with 2-3 pieces of candy per cupcake.
- Visit gogogogourmet.com for Full Recipe