Classic Snickerdoodles Recipe
This quick and easy Snickerdoodles cookies recipe yields soft and chewy cookies with crispy, sugary tops. Snickerdoodle recipe without cream of tartar included.
- 2¾ cups Flour All-purpose
- ¾ cups Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Butter Unsalted
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 Egg yolk From large egg
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- ¼ cup Sugar granulated
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon powder more or less depending on your preference
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon powder, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Dump this dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Don't over-mix!
- Chill this dough for at least an hour.
- Scoop out small portions of the dough and shape them into small balls.
- Visit cakewhiz.com@CLASSIC SNICKERDOODLES RECIPE for full recipe