Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="301"] Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies[/caption]
These red velvet chocolate chip cookies are seriously dreamy. The best part is that they’re super easy and quick to make, too!!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1 egg plus one egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the brown sugar, sugar, and butter, until well combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and food coloring, and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Scoop the dough into one inch balls, then divide the balls in half and stack the two halves on top of each other like a snowman.
- Visit onelittleproject.com@Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies for full recipe