Rose Cake Recipe
[caption id="attachment_715" align="aligncenter" width="576"] Rose Cake Recipe[/caption]
Fresh roses make this cake all the more beautiful inside and out!!
ROSE CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 3 1/3 cups cake flour (13.5 ounces), plus more for dusting the pans
- 1.5 cups milk, room temperature
- 9 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1.5. almond extract
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- 1.5 tsp. rose water (or you can substitute more almond extract)
- 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar (18 ounces)
- 3 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1.5 tsp. salt
- 18 Tbsp. unsalted butter (2 sticks + 2 Tbsp), softened
- 8–10 roses, petals removed and rinsed
ROSE BUTTERCREAM INGREDIENTS:
- 1.5 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 3 tsp. rose water
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- the petals from one rose, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup milk (or water)
TO MAKE THE ROSE CAKES:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease three 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick
cooking spray, then line the bottoms with parchment or waxed paper rounds. Spray the paper rounds, and then dust the entire inside of the pans lightly with flour, tapping to remove excess.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg whites, and extracts into 2-cup glass measure until blended. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in bowl of at medium-low speed until combined. Add butter, and continue mixing until incorporated and the mixture looks like moist crumbs.
- Add the milk mixture to crumbs and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, stopping midway to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Divide batter evenly between three prepared cake pans. (If you want to be really precise, you can weigh each cake pan to be sure that the batter is even.) Use a rubber spatula or spoon to spread the batter on top so that each pan is even. Arrange pans at least 3 inches from the oven walls and 3 inches apart. Bake for 26-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Visit gimmesomeoven.com@rose cake for Full Recipe